In this video, Ian discusses gap analysis. Businesses need a good philosophy before they can begin, and gap analysis can be applied in different areas. Compare what your company has with the international standards and begin to understand what the problems are, identify the gaps, and come up with a plan to fix them.
The process allows management a unique opportunity to gauge site performance versus industry best practices. It provides invaluable feedback to aid in focusing continuous improvement efforts in areas where the greatest impact can be made.
Gap Analysis can deliver the following results:
- Employees understand what abnormal situations are, how often they arise, and why.
- Processes effectively minimize the impact of abnormal situations.
- Management’s communication of goals, processes, and status is effective and comprehensive.
- Employees’ knowledge and skills are continuously and appropriately enhanced.
- Employees work in a supportive culture, and in an appropriate and safe environment.
- Management finds opportunities to innovate and apply technologies to continuously improve.
- The change that results from continuous improvement is well managed.
UCDS offers a full line of Gap Analysis services to evaluate your current plant condition, make realistic and achievable recommendations for improvement, and aid in the implementation of those recommendations. An integral part of this line is a set of Gap Analysis services that provides detailed comparisons of client systems to best practices and identifies improvement opportunities.