Best Practices and International Standards with Ian Nimmo.
While no one person can define what best practices are, we can look at research from the past 30 years and find best practices. Best practices can be found in international standards, guidance documents, and communication in the industry regarding what’s not working versus what’s working very well. Ian has spent 10 years going around the world and visiting different companies to study their best practices, and we’re excited to share what we’ve found.
User Centered Design Services personnel have decades of experience in best practices and international standards. We implement industry standards and best practices in each of the following projects:
- Control Room Design
- Console Design
- HMI Design
- Gap Assessments
- Alarm Management
- Pipeline CRM
- Staffing Assessments
- Operator Training Development
- And more…
User Centered Design Services has first-hand development experience and has been involved in developing the following Standards and Regulations:
- OSHA PSM
- UK HSE
- DOT PHMSA CRM
User Centered Design Services has proven International Standard ISO 11064 experience in applying various standards, guidelines, and recommended practices in the following areas:
- Control Room Design/Ergonomics
- Alarm Management
- Others include
- ISA 84 – Safety Instrumented Systems (standard)
- IEC 61511 – Functional Safety – Safety Instrumented Systems for the Process Industry Sector (standard)
- IEC 61508 – Functional Safety of Electrical/Electronic/Programmable Electronic Safety-Related Systems (standard)
- ISA 88 – Batch Control (standard)
- API 754 – Process Safety Performance Indicators for the Refining and Petrochemical Industries (recommended practice)
- API 755 – Fatigue Risk Management Systems for Personnel in the Refining and Petrochemical Industries (recommended practice)
UCDS is ready to bring our extensive expertise to your site to help determine the needs of your facility, the scope of your project, the best way to integrate Best Practice solutions, and the most cost-effective solution.
Whatever your need, we apply the appropriate industry best practices, regulatory information, and industry guidelines to provide world-class solutions.
Check out the new book by UCDS, Inc. President Ian Nimmo, Operator Effectiveness and The Human Side of Error: Click Here.
For additional information, please e-mail us