The UCDS Situation Awareness workshop covers the following topics:
- The International Ergonomic Standards for Control Rooms (ISO 11064)
- What is in an Operating Philosophy
- Common Control Room Issues including Distractions, Noise, Lighting, and Operator Vigilance
- Alarm Management and Human Computer Interface (HCI) design.
- How to design communications for a centralized control building
- Relationship between CCR and Field Shelter and the RP752 Recommended Practices for Occupancy (if appropriate)
- How to improve team work, communications and collaboration
- Console adjacency
- People – Primary & Secondary
- Functionality and room adjacency
- CRIOP – Crisis Intervention and Operability Analysis
- Documents involved in a Conceptual Design
Interested in learning more? Click here!